Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of small animal internal medicine, surgery and preventive medicine.

My dog is throwing up white foam, drinking water but not eating

My dog is throwing up white foam, drinking water but not eating and wont lay down for long? Should I go to a vet tonight?
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 5 years ago.

Hello, I am Dr. Peter a licensed Veterinarian. I would like to help. I need to ask you a few questions to be well informed and give you the best advise. There is no additional charge for information request.

1- How long has this been going on?

2- Did he get into anything or eat something out of the ordinary?

3- Take a look at his gums and see if they are pink like yours or pale?

4- How often is he vomiting?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
She has been throw up all day and not eating just to day. The only out of the ordinary, we left an ashtray on the coffee table and there was a few toothpicks. Her gums are pick and she's has thrown up once since I've been home but i saw 4 spots on the carpet when i got home. I read about the canine bloat and is it a possibility?
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 5 years ago.
Is her belly getting bigger?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No not that I can tell, she looks uncomfortable, I have seen her poop all day. We adopted her so don't know a lot, we have had her over 4 months. She finally is laying down and it wanting to sleeping it looks like.
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 5 years ago.

If the stomach is not getting larger than it is not a bloat. When a young dog vomits so frequently as you have described the big concern is a possible foreign body, pancreatitis, infection, etc. If you have access to an ER vet, it is best that she is seen tonight and not wait. It is important to rule out things like pancreatitis as it can be fatal. In the meantime, remove all food and water. Follow up with ER veterinarian.

Hope the above helps, if you have additional questions I will be glad to answer them.

Dr. Peter