Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
Experience:  35 years in practice

my dogs eye looks like it has a blood blister or clot in it

my dogs eye looks like it has a blood blister or clot in it i think he might have scratched it on a branch can you advise me what to do please thank you kathryn
Hello, I'm Dr.Bob.
I'm sorry to read of the injury to your dog's eye.
Where is the blood clot or blister located, in the corner of the eye or inside the eye itself?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
its in the eye
Okay, thank you.
Am I correct in my understanding that it is inside the eyeball itself, under the cornea, by the colored iris? It's very important I understand exactly where this is located.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you, Kathryn.
That is a very serious condition that may have resulted from something penetrating his eyeball. Penetrating wounds are almost always contaminated with bacteria, often resulting in an internal eye infection which can easily cost him his eye. A tumor, trauma, or a bleeding disorder can all cause internal bleeding as well.
In any case, this eye needs to be examined by a veterinarian, and very soon, otherwise, the chances are very good that he will lose his eye.
There is nothing you can do for this condition at home, he needs professional help.
If you have further questions, please let me know.
Dr. Bob