Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.

My dog will not go to the bathroom, she is eating fine and

My dog will not go to the bathroom, she is eating fine and full of energy.

Hi there and welcome to Just answer!! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

Has she been straining to defecate?

Does she have diarrhea?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
She isn't even trying. She normally would go 3-4 times a day without a problem. But for the past 3 days, she just goes outside, urinates, and then goes to the door to be let inside again. On a walk yesterday is when she went and it was just watery and yellow. This morning she didn't do anything after taking her out 3 times.
Thanks for the info....

It appears that your girl has a mild digestive disturbance that is causing this condition. The best thing to do is to give her Pepto Bismol at 1 teaspoon per 20 pounds of her weight every 8 hrs. I believe that something has caused her digestive tract to be irritated and it is important that this tract calm down and heal.

If this diarrhea continues, you may have to have your vet examine this stool since there may also be an organism or infection that is causing this condition.

If you find her straining, then she will require a laxative such as Laxatone , a dose every 4 hrs.