I am sorry that your dog is unwell
Did they do pathology on the previous tumor? Did they tell you if it was benign or metastatic?
It was metastatic
Going to the vet tomorrow is certainly the thing to do
There is definitely a concern that she may have had a spread of the cancer that is causing her current symptoms
However, at her age, it could be something else entirely
I would try to entice her to eat, like you are doing, but if she doesn't eat tonight that shouldn't be a problem
If you lift her lips what color are her gums? Are they dry or moist?
They are mostly pink, with some spots of black where she lost a tooth and they are moist. Her nose is also wet and cold.
I think she will be fine to wait and go to the vet in the morning
They may choose to run some bloodwork and maybe take some xrays of her belly
I cannot go to the vet in the morning..it would have to be after work if they have hours. My next day off is Monday. Do you think that is too long to wait?
I think going tomorrow is best
Do not wait until Monday
Is there something I else I can give her..like a liqiud formula or meal supplement? I hate that she is not eating
You can offer some baby food, but honestly if she doesn't eat for one night it won't hurt her
What do you suspect is wrong with her?
Just go to the vet tomorrow to get her checked out (they'll have some good food to offer as well if she is still not eating)
It is possible the cancer has spread
Sometimes a mammary tumor can have side effects that make a dog feel unwell
Or she may have any number of other issues, such as infection, liver or kidney problems, or GI cancer
there is no way to tell without tests
How will I know if she is in pain? I can't tell..she just looks kind of sad. I don't want to torture her.
if you are very worried, your other option is to take her to an emergency vet tonight
if she is painful, she will more likely be obviously restless and possibly vocalizing
No, that is not an option tonight..She doesn't cry or wince when you touch her. Is there any possibility that it's not serious? like a 24 hour bug that humans get?
It is possible, but given her history it is still safest to get her checked out
She may be feeling a lot better when you wake up though
I definitely will take her, but I want to see her vet. Are there any signs I should look for that indicate an emergency situation?
If her gums become pale or her breathing becomes labored you should go right away
What do pale gums indicate?
that she is either anemic or not oxygenating her blood
Thank you for your help. If I have any further questions, will I be able to contact you again?
If I am online I will be happy to help
If I am not, there will be other vets here to help
ok, thanks again.
I hope she's feeling better soon!
please click accept if I have been helpful