Dr.D
Dr.D, Veterinarian
Experience:  34 years of small animal medicine and surgery experience.Licensed in Florida and Canada
27194348

Hi I fed Sophie the three 100% cotton balls soaked in French

Hi I fed Sophie the three 100% cotton balls soaked in French Vanilla creamer just now. this happened this afternoon so I hope I am not too late! We are not sure what she swallowed but after this incident she went outside and ate grass...she did this about three times and then stopped vomiting. She is not lethargic but she does a hacking cough once in awhile. Is there anything else I can do...I am very short on money right now but if I have to I will take her to the vet.

Thanks!
Mary
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr.D replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Dr.D :

Hello there, Welcome to JA , I am DrD , Thank you for the question

Dr.D :

I need to know several things

Dr.D :

1- You fed Sophie 3 cotton balls
2-She vomited after you gave cotton balls

Dr.D :

Am I correct ?

Dr.D :

hello ?

Customer :

no she vomited right after she ate something yesterday afternoon then she has been hacking every once in awhile i got on the computer and read about the cotton ball remedy and then gave it to her...she has not vomited since yesterday afternoon and is acting normal otherwise

Customer :

So to clarify

Customer :

1. yes I fed her cotton balls this morning

Customer :

2. she vomited after she swallowed a foreign object yesterday afternoon

Customer :

3. did not vomit after giving her the cotton balls

Customer :

Thanks!

Customer :

Mary

Expert:  Dr.D replied 6 years ago.
If she is doing fine no need to worry I guess . But we do not know what did she eat do we ?

I would say watch for diarrhea . You can feed her with boiled rice and may be some bread.
If it was something like a metal object and a large one this could become a problem. Since she is acting well I doubt she did .

Do you have any idea what it could be and did it come out after the cotton ball ?