Dr. Lee
Dr. Lee, Veterinarian
Experience:  8 years of experience in veterinary medicine and surgery
20804272

My 12 week old Burnese ate nothing this morning and would not

My 12 week old Burnese ate nothing this morning and would not take a treat either. He is sluggish, sleepy and lacking energy. Last night and early this morning he drank more water than usual, and this morning he threw up after drinking for the first time.
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Lee replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Dr. Lee :

Hi. I'm Dr. Lee and will do my best to help.

Dr. Lee :

Is he up to date on all vaccines? When was the last vaccine shot?

Dr. Lee :

When was the last time he was examined by your vet?

Dr. Lee :

How long have you had him?

Dr. Lee :

Hello? Are you there?

Dr. Lee :

Looks like you are offline. I will switch to Q&A session.

Expert:  Dr. Lee replied 6 years ago.
Hi. If you can please give me some more information as requested above so I can better understand the situation and help. Thanks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Dr. Lee,

Sorry connection was lost. We've had him since he was 8 weeks, he is up to date on shots except for Parvo which he is due for. He was last at the Vet 3 weeks ago
Expert:  Dr. Lee replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for the info.

The main thing I am very concerned about is parvovirus infection, especially since he is not up to date on parvo vaccine. Puppies are extremely prone to parvo infection, and what you are seeing often is what it would look like, as well as there might be bad diarrhea as well. Another common problem dietary indiscretion leading to obstruction. The botXXXXX XXXXXne is that given this situation, he needs to go see your vet or the ER immediately. If it is parvo, time is of the essence because the earlier he can be treated, the better the prognosis. If it is obstruction, then surgery will be needed. Lastly, there can be other concurrent problems, such as intestinal parasites, but this alone does not cause lethargy (lacking energy). Again, he needs to go see a vet now to have the best chance of survival.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks.