Dr. Brian M.
Dr. Brian M., Veterinarian
Experience:  17 years of veterinary experience in companion animal and exotic medicine and surgery

My miniture schnauzer was found to have a tumor attached on

My miniture schnauzer was found to have a tumor attached on his spleen, surgury was performed last Thursday. The tumor weighed 2.2 kilos, approx 20% of the dogs weight. The spleen was also removed.

The problem, slow or no recovery. The dog is not eating, is extreamly weak, is said to be very anemic, tomorrow will be one week and I am afraid the dog is doomed. What can be or should be done. We live in Cabo San Lucas Mexico and I do not have faith in the care here.

Mike Pearce
Submitted: 6 years ago via PetWave.
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Brian M. replied 6 years ago.
Hello I am Dr. Brian It sounds like your boy needs a blood transfusion. What was the histopathology report on the type of tumor? Was it malignant? Were any other organs affected?