Dr. Scott, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of small animal, equine and pocket pet experience in medicine and surgery.
19741892

when can you de-claw a kitten When can you neuter a kitt

Customer Question

when can you de-claw a kitten? When can you neuter a kitten?
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Scott replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Dr. Scott :

Hello there,

JACUSTOMER-0roc4lry- :

Hi

JACUSTOMER-0roc4lry- :

Hello

Dr. Scott :

Kittens are typically neutered and declawed at 5-6 months of age. Both procedures can be done at the same time.

JACUSTOMER-0roc4lry- :

We found this kitten and have decided to keep her. He actually was inside the front bumper of our car and must have been there for 2 days. He stayed in that bumper for a 200 mile journey. How he survived is a mystery. He appears to have burned off the hair on his back foot but it has healed. He was so tiny but appeared to be weaned since he ate kitten food with water. Unfortunately as he is growing, he appears to like using his claws which is not going over well. Thank you for your help

Dr. Scott :

I have all my cats declawed. Male cats can be done a little earlier than 5 months if the claws become a major problem.

JACUSTOMER-0roc4lry- :

I have a question. I just upgraded my service by paying $38.00 for a legal question and it stated that I could use your service for 1 month. I see that I am now being charged $19.00 to have asked this question. Please help with this

Dr. Scott :

I'll send it to customer service. The experts do not deal with any charges on this site. They should get back to you quickly.

JACUSTOMER-0roc4lry- :

I am so sorry and feel horrible about this. Thank you

Dr. Scott :

Don't worry about it.