Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years with dogs, cats, exotic, wildlife and zoo animals, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.

my girl hamstar is being really nasty to my boy hamstar. they

my girl hamstar is being really nasty to my boy hamstar. they have mated 3 or 4 time ive moved my boy hamstar sky in is own cage and tink is biteing me she was good before we brought sky do u know
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 6 years ago.

It is very common for hamsters to become unhappy with their cage mates and owners especially as they age. I was good that you separated the two hamsters and it's important to keep them separated. If you wish to continue to handle the girl but don't want to be bit then purchase some goatskin gardening gloves to protect your hands.

Dr. Dan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

my vet said it looks like she is pregnant whats the signs if she is

Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 6 years ago.
Usually they seem wider than usual and when the doctor felt her abdomen it is possible to feel the fluid like structures indicating pregnancy. Hamsters are only pregnant for 16 days so it won't take long for you to find out.

Dr. Dan