Dr. Lee
Dr. Lee, Veterinarian
Experience:  7 years of experience in veterinary medicine and surgery
20804272

i am looking at possibly having to evacuate my cats and they

i am looking at possibly having to evacuate my cats and they dont travel well. is there anything that i can buy OTC to calm their nerves for travel?
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Lee replied 3 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Dr. Lee :

Hi. I'm Dr. Lee and will do my best to help.

Dr. Lee :

How far do your cats need to travel in the car?

Dr. Lee :

Hello? Are you still there?

Dr. Lee :

It looks like you are offline. I will switch to regular Q&A session.

Expert:  Dr. Lee replied 3 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Dr. Lee replied 3 years ago.

Hi. If you can please give me more information as requested above so I can better understand the situation and help. Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It could be any where from 2 to 8 hours. Right now we're not sure,

Expert:  Dr. Lee replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the info.

Ideally, you should get some prescription drugs from your vet, such as acepromazine. However, if you are looking for OTC drugs, you can try human Benadryl. You can get the 25 mg tablet and give 1/2 tablet. The problem with OTC is that it might or might not work as they are not true sedatives. You are welcomed to try Benadryl and see if that helps. If not, then you will have to ask your vet for prescription drugs.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks.

Dr. Lee, Veterinarian
Experience: 7 years of experience in veterinary medicine and surgery