Dr. Dave
Dr. Dave, Veterinarian
Experience:  21 years small animal general and emergency practice

Dr. Dave, Thinks for the info on the use of penicillin, will

Dr. Dave, Thinks for the info on the use of penicillin, will try. Also, how can I locate a reasonable vet in the Apache Junction, AZ area. The second to the last on tole me that the cat, a rescue had only about 1 month to live, then came out as I was paying my bill and wanted me to have her vacinate the cat. The last vet "balked" when I wanted to buy my perscriptions and refills on line. Fred Myers
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Dave replied 6 years ago.

Hi Fred,

Sorry again, I had to leave, and I was trying to continue our chat conversation on my mobile phone, but it seemed to get things messed up.

Some veterinarians won't prescribe medications (at the clinic or online) without another exam - usually to make sure they know what specifically is going on with that specific pet.

As far as locating a reasonable vet in your area, you would just need to ask friends, neighbors, or co-workers. Or look online and call around to ask them specific questions (policies, fees, etc.)

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Dave