YourPetVet, Veterinarian
Experience:  6 years in general practice, surgery and emergency medicine

PLEase can you help me. If a group wanted to have a music festival

PLEase can you help me. If a group wanted to have a music festival in a small nature reserve +- 30 ha. How would the animals and birds be affected. Will it result in panic type behavious?

Many thanks
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  YourPetVet replied 6 years ago.
Hello, Probably just from the commotion of setting up and people gathering in one area would be enough warning to any surrounding wildlife. These are animals that know rainstorms are coming hours before it happens. I do not think that it will be a huge shock to them. Just as long things are positioned pointing away from the animals and not set up right next to the enclosures if there are any.

But if you want to be even more sure to have less noise go acoustic.

Thanks for your question

J Bache, DVM

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The organisers are using amplified music and are doing line dancing with a lot of vehicles coming into the reserve in the night time. .There is a small area that is designated for public use and the bush and animals surround this area. They are also having a bonfire at the event. I am concerned that the animals might be very frightened, that the birds will upset their nests and that other animals will runtowards the road where they might get knocked over,
Hello, The bonfire is the thing I would be most concerned about. Are the animals in enclosures or able to get some distance from the area? If not able to get to safe area you may want to relocate the bonfire. Contact your local fire marshall or department for regulations on distance from trees, animals, roadways, etc.

J Bache, DVM