Rosie_MRCVS, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS, Qualified veterinarian of ten years in small animal practice in England

Our rabbit -female dutch about 8 months old, looks as if she

Our rabbit -female dutch about 8 months old, looks as if she has a double chin but I cannot feel anything and no obvious pan. Otherwise seems in good health is this normal?
Hi I'm Rosie one of the vets and I'd like to try and help you. What you are most likely seeing is the dewlap - a normal part of female rabbit anatomy. The fact that it has just appeared indicates that she is out of puberty and is a mature female. Current thinking is that it is an easy source of fur for them to pull out when they nest. Any further questions, just hit 'reply'. Rosie.

p.s. As an aside, if you don't plan on breeding from her it would be in her best interests to get her spayed. This is because rabbits are extremely prone to cancer of the womb, and a spayed female tends to live a couple of years longer than intact females. As an added extra, female rabbits tend to get quite aggressive in spring, so if you get her spayed she would be a pleasanter pet. Rosie.