Dr. Laurie
Dr. Laurie, Veterinarian
Experience:  Internship tranined small animal veterinarian. Interests: internal medicine, dermatology & oncology
40350296

My cockatiel is dragging one wing. He was fine last night.

My cockatiel is dragging one wing. He was fine last night. Thoughts?
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Laurie replied 6 years ago.
Hello, I am so sorry that your cockatiel is having problems with his wing. Did you hear him have a night fright last night? It is possible that he could have had a fright and banged his wing up against something in the cage- this could cause muscular bruising or even a broken bone. Sometimes they can even damage a feather and it can partially break and cause some pain. It is also possible he could have some type of nerve injury as well. Since he seems to wince when you get near the wing I would definately try to find an exotics vet in your area to have his wing examined as it seems that he may be in some pain.