Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management
14008320

healthy two year old malamute woke up with back right leg dragging

healthy two year old malamute woke up with back right leg dragging no feeling in it
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Dr. Andy :

Very few concerns can result in this symptom. My greatest concern is for a lateralized disc herniation in the spine. This would compress the nerve and result in the loss of feeling, dragging of the leg, etc...

Dr. Andy :

This constititues a veterinary emergency for supportive care.

Dr. Andy :

If correct, I would expect your vet to request some x-rays, and treatment may include starting some immediate steroids.

Dr. Andy :

Good Luck

Dr. Andy :

Please let me know if I can be of any further assitance.

Dr. Andy :

Please remember to click "ACCEPT", so JustAnswer recognizes me for addressing the question. It is greatly appreciated.

Thanks. XXXXX

Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Ended

If you are still working with your Expert on this question, you can post additional replies and receive additional information on this page.  If you received a satisfactory answer in Chat, you can accept the chat conversation above.
Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 6 years ago.

7:36 AM

7:36 AM

7:36 AM

Good Luck

7:36 AM

7:36 AM

Thanks. Dr. Andy