How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Peter Your Own Question
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Category: Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 27792
Experience:  16 years of small animal internal medicine, surgery and preventive medicine.
Type Your Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. Peter is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 27 pound 11 month old Beagle ate 2oz of milk chocolate 2.5

This answer was rated:

My 27 pound 11 month old Beagle ate 2oz of milk chocolate 2.5 hours ago. She seems OK. How long should I watch her?

Hi, I am Dr. Peter and would like to help. In response to your question, this is not a toxic dose for her weight. She would need around 10 ounces. The worst case is mild diarrhea. If she does get diarrhea feed her a bland diet of rice and chicken. She will be fine.

Symptoms of chocolate toxicity usually start within 2 hours and they start with hyperactivity, vomiting and eventually can lead to heart problems.


If you have additional questions I will be glad to answer them.


Dr. Peter

Dr. Peter and 3 other Veterinary Specialists are ready to help you

Related Veterinary Questions