Dr. Kris
Dr. Kris, Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a small animal vet and I see mostly dogs and cats and an occasional exotic pet, pig and goat.

hi my 5mth old yorkie has had soft smelly stools for a couple

hi my 5mth old yorkie has had soft smelly stools for a couple ov days shes still playful and seems happy but am just a bit concerned shes eatin and drinking ok

I'm Dr. Kris.

Your girl may have intestinal parasites or an infection. You should take her to the vet for a fecal exam. She may need to be dewormed and/or may need some oral antibiotics. Until you can get her to the vet monitor her closely for bloody stool, diarrhea, vomitting, lethargy and anorexia. At the first sign of any of theose symptoms do not hesitate to take her to the vet.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need to know more.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
she has had a course ov worming treatment which is on going she has been drinking water from outside though what would u suggest about feeding her
The dewormer that you are using or did use may not be treating the parasite she now has. This is why the fecal exam is important. Also, since she has been drinking water from outside she could have picked up different parasites like giardia. Try to prevent her from drinking the water from outside. Since she is still eating, continue to feed her her usual diet as long as it is a good quality (I like Purina One, Iams and Science Diet) small breed puppy food.