Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of small animal internal medicine, surgery and preventive medicine.

I have a 6 month old pembroke welsh corgi and she was limping

I have a 6 month old pembroke welsh corgi and she was limping on her left rear leg. I took her to a local vet who examined her and Xrayed her hip. He told me she had dysplasia. I sent her Xrays to another vet who said the position of the Xray made it difficult to tell. Yesterday my dog played very hard with another dog and now the limping is worse. I am concerned that this diagnosis is not correct and she may have an injury.
Can I send you a copy of the Xrays and get your opinion?
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I am Dr. Peter and would like to help.

1- Does the lameness get better and then worst?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes it does - however she slept all night in her crate and was stiff and limping when we let her out this morning. Once up and about it seemed better but as she is active the limp come back.
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 4 years ago.

You are right to suspect this could be something else like a soft tissue (ligament, muscle or tendon) injury. In response to your question, we are not allowed to exchange information. If we were to look at diagnostics it would have to be here on the site.

I will recommend that you establish a consult with an orthopedic surgeon, besides evaluating the xray they will be able to do a hands on exam and do a thorough orthopedic examination to determine the exact cause of this lameness. In the meantime, rest her, limit her physical activity to leash walk to pee and poop. Speak to your vet about putting her on an anti inflammatory like rimadyl.

If you have additional questions I will be glad to answer them.

Dr. Peter

Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience: 12 years of small animal internal medicine, surgery and preventive medicine.