Dr. C
Dr. C, Veterinarian
Experience:  30 years in companion,exotics, birds,horses vet practice. Animal owner45 years.
15064662

My cat just ate what looked like a strip of fabric. I tried

My cat just ate what looked like a strip of fabric. I tried to catch her and get it away from her before she could eat it, but she runs faster than I do and by the time I got to her it was gone. What should I do?

Hi-

You will have to wait to see if it passes, generally within 72 hours. Kitties can get string syndrome in their bowels. If this fabric acts like a string, it could knot the bowels and cause strangulation problems. You should watch the stool, looking for the fabric or strings. If she stops eating or develops vomiting or diarrhea in the next few days you need to take her to a vet.

I hope this is helpful. Please push ACCEPT and thanks!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Did I do the wrong thing giving her the Laxaire lubricant?
No- I think that is fine, and I would probably dose her again tomorrow- after about 24 hours, then wait.