Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
Experience:  35 years in practice

cat has been vomiting undigested food about 2 xweek.we have

Customer Question

cat has been vomiting undigested food about 2 xweek.we have cut down on the amount we give her at a time.this am it was mostly h2o with a small amt of food ,she is 16 yr old and has lost some of her teeth
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 6 years ago.
Hello, I'm Dr. Bob.
Vomiting of undigested food indicates a blockage of the upper GI tract. Older cats may developed stomach or intestinal tumors, which can cause this, but something as simple as a hairball can cause exactly the same symptoms.
An intensive course of hairball remedy may very well remove any hairball and give her and you, relief. Streak a one inch ribbon of a paste type hairball remedy like Catlax, Petromalt or Laxatone into the fur inside her front leg twice daily for five days. If it is a hairball and it isn't too large to move, she should clear right up.
If the vomiting continues, then she's going to need to see her veterinarian for a thorough examination.
Let's hope for a hairball!
If I may be of further assistance, please let me know.