SmAnimalVet
SmAnimalVet, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing vet with focus on advanced medicine and surgery.
25557073

MY DOG HAS BEEN LICKING HIS TESTICLES ALOT. iNOTICED A LITTLE

MY DOG HAS BEEN LICKING HIS TESTICLES ALOT. iNOTICED A LITTLE REDNESS AFTER HAVING BEEN GROOMED BUT NO NICKS. THE REDNESS FROM THE BACK OF THE TESTICLES HAS SUBSIDED BUT IS RED AROUND A SPOT ON THE UNDERSIDE THAT LOOKS ALMOST LIKE A BLISTER OR PUSS SACK. THIS JUST CAME ABOUT IN THE AST DAY. i AM VERY CONCERNED HE IS A BREEDING DOG. pLEASE HELP
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  SmAnimalVet replied 7 years ago.
Hi there-

It sounds like you are dealing with a serious case of razor burn being made worse by him licking at it. You need to apply a cool wash cloth to reduce swelling, put a cone collar on him to stop the licking, and have your vet prescribe an antibiotic creme. Until you can get to your vet you may try some triple antiobiotic creme or neosporin. The key is to get him to stop liking so cone collar it is!

I hope that helps!
Dr. Bone
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Where can I purchase a colar for him?
Petco or petsmart have a bunch of them...I actully think wal-mart make carry them now.