FamilyPetDoctor, Veterinarian
Experience:  13 years of experience in small animal medicine and surgery, including emergency medicine

My dog ate a piece of raw chicken. Should I be worried

My dog ate a piece of raw chicken. Should I be worried?
Did he eat any bones??

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No. It was a bonesless breast and she did not eat the whole thing. Would have been between .5 - 1 lbs.

It may give your dog some diarrhea or perhaps vomiting... but you shouldn't worry about another infection unless there is diarrhea that persists beyond 2 days.....   Salmonalla is possible, but unlikely.

So, watch for a few days.... if there seems to be severe diarrhea let your vet know.

Dr C

I hope that this helps.....
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you so much. Would you recommend rice or pasta now maybe to help prevent getting sick?
<p>That wouldn't be a bad idea.... you could give either white rice or plain seminola pasta.   If you dont' notice any symptoms in the next 2 days, then you should be fine....</p><p> </p><p>Dr C</p>
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you so much - much appreciated :)