How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Lajos Your Own Question
Dr. Lajos
Dr. Lajos, Veterinarian
Category: Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 857
Experience:  DVM for 10 years, Emergency Medicine Experience, Veterinary Pathologist
19414232
Type Your Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. Lajos is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What should I do. My dog drank a little bleach. The vets

Resolved Question:

What should I do.? My dog drank a little bleach. The vets are closed and I am broke
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Lajos replied 7 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer

I have a few questions that will help me answer you

How long ago?

How much bleach?

Was it diluted in water?

Is your dog exhibiting any symptoms of illness

Thanks
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
it was about 3 and a half hours ago. the bleach was not diluted she drank very little the bottle was not open, it has a tiny hole in it. She did get overly tired playing ball about 2 hours after the suspected ingestion . I did not see her drink the bleach we just thinkg she may have. She has not vomited and she has drank water and eaten since.
Expert:  Dr. Lajos replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for the reply

It would be possible that if she drank some bleach, she might have some mild oral or esophageal burns, or even some gastrointestinal (GI) irritation. You can give her some active culture yogurt, 1-2 tablespoons/day to relieve any possible GI upset. If she lets you examine her mouth to see if there is any evidence of a burn, such as a blister on her tongue or gums.

If she develops severe GI upset with excessive vomiting, bloody vomit and/or diarrhea, dark tarry stool, not eating or drinking, etc. I would take her in to be seen.

I hope this helps

Please let me know if you have any follow-on questions
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

She has been drinking and eating. She has not thrown up yeat.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Expert:  Dr. Lajos replied 7 years ago.
It is very possible that she will not throw up at all. She may have had one whiff of it and turned away. Even if she licked up some of the bleach there may be no symptoms at all.
Is she shows no signs of GI upset, like vomiting then I would not be too concerned at all. Just keep an eye on her and watch for any changes.
Dr. Lajos and other Veterinary Specialists are ready to help you