Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }

what do I do if my dog overdosed on Vetmedin

Thanks for the questionCustomer

I will be very pleased to try and answer your question but to enable me to do so with accuracy I need to know a little bit more information, so first can you tell me :

1. How heavy is your dog?

2. How much Vetmedin did your dog get, was this a one of dose ?

3. Is your dog showing any symptoms?

This is just a information request for which you have not been charged, I am online at present. I will answer your question shortly after receiving your reply.

Scott Nimmo BVMS MRCVS
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
My dog is an 18-20 pound rat terrier. I think it at several tablets (5-8). I have 2 dogs (they're the same size). I don't know which one ate it. Neither of them seem to be in any distress at this time.
Thanks for the quick reply,

1. If this happened less than an hour ago the best approach is to induce vomiting in both dogs and recover the drug that way. For the sake of speed I will give you a link on how to do this best : LINK

2. All you can do then is to monitor your dogs for the next twelve hours or so and contact an emergency vet if symptoms develop. These could include :

Vomiting, diarrhea, lethargy, incoordination and seizures may also occur. Of course it could be that this drug will work its way out of your dog's system without showing any symptoms but be on your guard.

If I have not covered your question fully enough or you would like to ask more I will be online for the next hour or so and I will be at your disposal.

Scott Nimmo BVMS MRCVS