Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. FCPS (R) General Surgery and Traumatology. 5 years experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Lab test creatinine 1.41 egfr 57 bilirubin total 1.7 do I

Customer Question

lab testcreatinine 1.41
egfr 57
bilirubin total 1.7do I need to be concerned Thanks Todd
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 5 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Uzair.
I am reviewing your post and will get back to your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 5 months ago.

If this is a one time report then getting it repeated again is advised. Your Creatinine is above the normal high (1.3) and your eGFR is reduced, this can occur in dehydration as well. Your Bilirubin (total) is in the normal range.

So, getting the renal function test (Creatinine, eGFR) repeated after a couple of weeks is advised.

If you have symptoms or suffer from a pre-existing condition that can affect your kidneys, then the next step is a referral to a Nephrologist and an ultrasound (KUB) kidney, ureter and bladder.

Hope this helps.
Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on the top of this screen.

Regards.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I had 4 cyst 2 in each kidney about 8 years ago. the creatinine has been rising and egfr as reduce over the past 5 years
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 5 months ago.

Alright, then you should just schedule a routine follow up. If this is chronic, and you do not have any new onset symptoms, then you it should be fine, but nonetheless, a follow up is warranted.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 5 months ago.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.