How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General Practice
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 30728
Experience:  Years of experience with general surgery and urgent care
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am seeing small black tissue like pieces in the toilet

Customer Question

I am seeing small black tissue like pieces in the toilet bowl when I urinate. maybe 3-5 times a month
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No...I am a diabetic taking Ivokana and Janet, HBP meds lisinopril and metropolis and IB Guard over the counter and Omeprazole for Gerd
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Had my gall bladder removed in 1993, had pancreatitis in 2013
JA: Is the condition chronic, or acute?
Customer: the black tissue?
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome I'm Dr Chip

Have you had a urinalysis done?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No not yet
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
lets just type
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 5 months ago.

Sorry but I need to ask--are you male or female?

Any discomfort when you urinate?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
female age 68 no discomfort
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 5 months ago.


And these are jet black and look like solid tissue and not clots?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
tissue is black looks very flimsy (like tissue paper) range in size from small like a pea to larger like a small postage stamp
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 5 months ago.


This has to be from your bladder wall and it may be a sign of interstitial cystitis--an inflammatory problem--or a chronic bladder infection

Either way, you need to have your doctor evaluate this with first a urinalysis and then a bladder ultrasound

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you Dr. Chip...I will do this :-)
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 5 months ago.

My pleasure but let me know how it goes and please rate my service to you so I can get credit for my time