Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I just had blood in my urine not a lot what should ido, Ok

Customer Question

I just had blood in my urine not a lot what should ido
JA: In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: Ok no problems
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No I have regular check ups
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Captain replied 2 months ago.

Hello!

Welcome to the JustAnswer.com question/answer interface.

I am a Family Medicine doctor, board certified with active licenses and certification in Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, as well as Integrative Medicine & Naturopathy, with advanced training in Neurology, Cardiovascular Medicine, Gastroenterology, Endocrinology, and Psychiatry. I am also well-trained in Functional Medicine. — For your review, here is my direct link with my current ratings: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-familydoctor/

— I have read your post and observations about blood in your urine. Would you prefer a summary response to your question, or would you prefer more back-and-forth, where there will be a series of more questions and more details clarified? There is no difference in charges for your preference. You can continue to ask questions and receive answers without additional charges.

Either way, the goal is for your satisfaction, and I’ll do my best to take the appropriate time to help you.

— In case you were not aware, there is no charge for the time it takes for us to reach an answer that meets your satisfaction. I generally try not to rush any answers, and I hope you will not feel rushed either.

It seems that you're not able to chat at the moment - certainly not a problem. This chat session is a Question & Answer session, which means we can both continue to post questions/comments/answers, without time restrictions, until you feel satisfied with the information you’ve received.

Feel free to click "reply" to post answers and more questions at any time. When you click “ reply” and type out your comment/question, I will be notified to come back and answer. You are not charged more than the initial deposit, no matter how long it takes for us to chat, so this will just take the time restrictions away for both of us. When the time comes that you feel satisfied that I have addressed your concern completely, you can then press "accept" and rate the answer so that I may be compensated for the time.

The brief summary I would offer you is that blood in urine, while unfamiliar and potentially quite scary, is also not an alarming finding, medically speaking. Your entire urinary tract, from urethra to bladder to ureters, is all lined with very soft, fragile, blood-rich tissue that can sometimes bleed for many reasons which are temporary and not long-term or not "medically concerning" although they are very scary to us as individuals. Can you tell me more about you? Your age, gender, and any other relevant history that you can think of?