Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

What could blood in a man's urine mean. My husband has had

Customer Question

What could blood in a man's urine mean. My husband has had prostate cancer 2x. His prostate was removed in 2007 and radiation in 2010. He has no pain, just out of the blue.
JA: Is the condition chronic, or acute?
Customer: He has never done this.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: His PSA has gone from .1 to .008 to .2
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 5 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

after radiation therapy to the prostate bed, blood in the urine can be from radiation cystitis or radiation damage to the bladder causing bleeding.

urinary tract infection or bladder stone or bladder diverticulosis can also cause bleeding

he needs to see a urologist and get a cystoscopy scope procedure to look into his bladder.

a rise of his PSA can be a sign that his prostate cancer was not completely killed by his surgery and radiation as well.