Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I have a 16 year son that is booked for elective surgery

Customer Question

Hi I have a 16 year son that is booked for elective surgery tomorrow and I am a bit apprehensive about it. He had several occasions of torsion of the testies but was never in need of an emergency surgery. I have two older sons who also had torsion of the testicles and both had successful surgery when they were very young. How safe is this type of surgery?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Yes we have. It's for my son. He is currently not in pain and healthy but obviously always worried of the possible returned of the torsion
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: As I said he is currently not I pain ato all..it is an elective surgery booked a few months ago..
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome I'm Dr Chip

What kind of surgery and is the surgeon aware of the torsion problem?