khagihara
khagihara, Medical doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

I have radiation cystitis with OAB severe. Due to problem of

Customer Question

I have radiation cystitis with OAB severe. Due to problem of leakage, I have an artificial cuff on my urethra AMS 800 Urinary Control System. I works pretty good, but I still have leakage and have to wear pads. I have tried numerous medicines for OAB and even two rounds of Botox shots. My OAB is a severe problem especially evenings sitting and watching TV, and worse when I go to bed. I am up anywhere from 4-10 times for bathroom. Any suggestion. I also have suffered with Radiation Proctitis of Colon and two weeks ago had a Colostomy installed. Any help you might suggest for bladder? Doug
JA: Is the condition chronic, or acute?
Customer: Chronic and has gotten worse.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I had prostate cancer surgery 10yrs ago and 38 rounds of Radiation 9yrs ago. The cystitis hit me 4yrs ago and have gone thru HBOC twice. Proctitis hit me 2yrs ago and one of the doctors there reocomemed Colostomy.
Category: Urology
Expert:  khagihara replied 5 months ago.

The artificial cuff could be not tight enough. The cuff might be replaced with a smaller one. You should talk to your urologist.