The expiry of the product may not be related the issue but product itself may have not suited you. These may have been triggering the problem.
Your symptoms are suggestive of intestinal motility disorder. One of the commonest is called as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Following investigations may be considered (if not done);
1) The complete blood count (CBC); altered in irritable bowel disease (in whom leukocytosis / high WBC count is the more frequent result).
2) Protein electrophoresis pattern may show alterations of both albumin and globulins (especially alpha-1 and gamma globulins) in IBS.
3) Thyroid function tests; a high thyroid may cause loose and frequent bowel motions.
4) A barium meal is a helpful study in the diagnosis of intestinal motility disorders.
5) Computed tomography (CT) and nuclear magnetic resonance examinations are also necessary.
7) Scintigraphic study of the small bowel or colonic transit time is currently most preferred investigation for your symptoms. It shows the intestinal progression of the meal.
Medications like neostigmine, bethanechol, metoclopramide, cisapride, and loperamide may help you.
Following measures collectively may help;
1) Fiber supplementation may improve loose motions. Citrucel and FiberCon may produce less flatulence than psyllium compounds (Metamucil).
2) Caffeine avoidance may limit exacerbation.
3) Lactose and/or fructose should also be limited or avoided.
A recommended diet resource for IBS;
I feel, there is some psychological aspects and there may have been anxiety element which may be just concomitant or aggravating factor.
I can assure you that dietary management and relaxing should be able to relieve all of your symptoms.
The urine sinking to bottom is not a problem at all as that may be just related to slightly less fluid than you require, which change the electrolyte composition of the urine too and cause it.
Please feel free for your follow up questions.
I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.
Thanks for using Just Answer.