Dr. Arun Phophalia, Urologist
Experience:  MBBS MS (Surgery) Vast experience and routinely perform all urology procedures including endoscopy.
5625079

I've been having low stomach issues (belly button down to

Customer Question

Hi there... I've been having low stomach issues (belly button down to groin) for like 2 weeks. I've been feeling extreme pressure and bloating especially towards the days end. My pee sinks to bottom of the toilet. First of all, I'm 25, super athletic, all I drink is water and i eat healthy all the time I've seen doctors and my urine and blood are fine apparently. My liver kidney prostate are fine as well as seen in xrays as well as ultrasounds
JA: Is the condition chronic, or acute?
Customer: Its only started 2 weeks ago, and IRS been every day since then Just yesterday I took ovol to relieve gas and its worked AMAZING. I feel way less pain, but I did notice tiday I have been still feeling bloatness. I'm about to take my 3rd just now before I go to sleep to help with the pressure and bloatness.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: But all my urines seem to sink to the bottom or they are clear. When they aren't clear they sink. My bowels are usually pellet like and not normal. I have no other medial history at all. I've never had any issues before Ok
Category: Urology
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'll also add the only thing I added about 4 weeks ago to my diet was a supplement which I found out was 3-4 months expired... Maybe this canhave an effect on my low stomach issues? Doctors I've seen say they don't think so... But attached is the product and the ingredients within it. I'm thinking maybe when the ingredients get expired it can be bad. I only took it for 4-5 days though because I noticed it was expired
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The only relief ive had is by taking chewable Ovol(a gas med) and I just started taking it yesterday. Once yesterday 2x today and I'm about to take my 3rd one right now before I go to sleep.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The expired product was called 'clear muscle'. The ingredients in the product was 'betator: free acid beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate /1000mg . non medicinal ingredients: choline chloride, veggie capsule (hypromellose,water) silicon dioxide
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My appetite has gone down over the past few weeks because of this pressure... But today is the first day I started eating a bit more because I've felt relief. If I keep taking the ovol will it get rid of the issue or just help it temporarily? The most recent doctor I've gone to said it sounds like I have IBS since my organs seem to look fine.
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OK thanks.

Do you have any anxiety?

Any significant family history?

Do you have constipation?

Was there any specific reason you started the supplements you mentioned?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I took the supplement to help build muscle better. I have only during this time of 2 weeks started to worry and get anxious about what the problem is and why the pain is occurring since I've had no real answers.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have had some constipation yes. I've tried laxatives a few days ago and a suppository before that and it helped with the stomach relief as well

Thanks for the detail.

I am writing you the answer.

It may take 7-10 minutes.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The best I've been feeling in 2 week was yesterday night after taking my first ovol and then almost all day today after taking 1 ovol this morning and another in the evening. Should I take another one now before bed?

The expiry of the product may not be related the issue but product itself may have not suited you. These may have been triggering the problem.

Your symptoms are suggestive of intestinal motility disorder. One of the commonest is called as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Following investigations may be considered (if not done);

1) The complete blood count (CBC); altered in irritable bowel disease (in whom leukocytosis / high WBC count is the more frequent result).

2) Protein electrophoresis pattern may show alterations of both albumin and globulins (especially alpha-1 and gamma globulins) in IBS.

3) Thyroid function tests; a high thyroid may cause loose and frequent bowel motions.

4) A barium meal is a helpful study in the diagnosis of intestinal motility disorders.

5) Computed tomography (CT) and nuclear magnetic resonance examinations are also necessary.

6) Defecography

7) Scintigraphic study of the small bowel or colonic transit time is currently most preferred investigation for your symptoms. It shows the intestinal progression of the meal.

Medications like neostigmine, bethanechol, metoclopramide, cisapride, and loperamide may help you.

Following measures collectively may help;

1) Fiber supplementation may improve loose motions. Citrucel and FiberCon may produce less flatulence than psyllium compounds (Metamucil).

2) Caffeine avoidance may limit exacerbation.

3) Lactose and/or fructose should also be limited or avoided.

A recommended diet resource for IBS;

http://stanfordhealthcare.org/content/dam/SHC/for-patients-component/programs-services/clinical-nutrition-services/docs/pdf-lowfodmapdiet.pdf

I feel, there is some psychological aspects and there may have been anxiety element which may be just concomitant or aggravating factor.

I can assure you that dietary management and relaxing should be able to relieve all of your symptoms.

The urine sinking to bottom is not a problem at all as that may be just related to slightly less fluid than you require, which change the electrolyte composition of the urine too and cause it.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Do you recommend right now having another Ovol do you think it would help? I do have a little bit of pressure right now. As I said I'm just about to go to sleep. Also, are you recommend ding metamusil? Because I forgot to mention I have used that just yesterday and today as well. How long does IBS usually last for most people?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Also, the link you sent me 'doesn't exist or has moved'. That's what it says when I click on it

IBS may not last for long if you take dietary measures and take care of the anxiety.

Please read this link for measures for IBS:

http://patient.info/in/health/irritable-bowel-syndrome-diet-sheet

You may just take Ovol now as it helped you. If things do not imporve, you may try Metamusil.

It is privilege assisting you.
Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What if my dietary situation was literally everything the page you linked me has mentioned. That's literally how I've been eating for years.

Than it would point, that you may need medicines off and on, if the symptoms come.

Also the investigations may be necessary which we discussed.

Overall, I feel there is nothing serious or significant or long term.

That may have come with the supplements and lingered due to associated anxiety.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ive done the blood tests, urine tests. I havent done nunbers 3,4,5,6, or 7. Am i able to go to mt doctor and request these or? Also, am I able to message you with more questions in like 15 hours? I'm currently about go to sleep... Can we continue where we've left off if I happen to have other questions?

Sure, you can have the follow up questions. You may rate the interaction now or later (we are only credited and compensated only, if you give us positive rating). I am sure your doctor would ask as for these investigations if the symptoms persist and you can always discuss these with him/her.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok. Thank you. I will rate when I message you back tomorrow. Can I also get a copy of this conversation sent to my email?

You are very welcome.

You can copy paste it on any word document.

There is no way we can email you as your email is only known to the site administration usually.

This is your thread so you can access it anytime and all the time!

Have a great evening. Good night.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks!

Most welcome.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi there... My stomachs been decent today I took an ovol and am eating somewhat normal without pressure or pain. But just in the past hour or two I've felt my left side of my back begin to feel sore... Not extremely but enough to notice it with every time I move. I've also felt some chills throughout my body. Should I be worried about anything?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I hope to get a response back from you asap..........