khagihara
khagihara, Medical doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

I am looking g for a local urologist with surgical

I am looking g for a local urologist with surgical experience in the treatment of spermatociles. I line in Winston-Salem, NC
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Allopurinol and periodic losartin as needed
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Trying to see if you got long text by me. Not showing up but don't want to repeat all that info if u got it.

Try Dr. ***** ***** III, Wake Forest Baptist Health Urology,***** Winston Salem NC 27103

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I went to my G.P. doc about a year ago and he sent me to urologist McPhail. He sent me to ultrasound which verified spermatocile. He then said there's nothing he could really do because it ran the risk of losing the testicle to operate.

not really

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Another issue is insurance network. I'm not sure Wake Forest docs are in my BCBS network.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
you're saying it's not that complicated or risky of a procedure?

Spermatocelectomy is typically performed on an outpatient basis. The risks are infertility, as well as the more common complications of hematoma, infection, swelling, recurrence, and pain. With large spermatococeles, devascularization of the blood supply to the testis may result in testis atrophy or loss.