Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I found that a small lump on urethra opening is red, and

Customer Question

Hi I found that a small lump on urethra opening is red, and wonder what this is, as I have had issues with UTI the past month, diagnosed with possible IC and had a lot of inflammation. Have a yeast infection as a result of antibiotics and have just been feeling a lot of burning down there. Then a few days ago I used a hot water bottle over my crotch and think I burned myself as next day found a pimple like spot on the outer skin of my labia minora, squeezed it, and it went away,
Though a slight bump remains possibly because i keep inspecting it. Can someone help?
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 11 days ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 11 days ago.

it says you are male, but you are sounding female.

is the small lump painful?

you have to be careful looking for your urethra since you can introduce bacteria into your urethra with your hands and fingers pressing and touching down there.

are you drinking enough water?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
sorry I'm female. And drinking water yes.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Not painful, by in general the whole area feels uncomfortable. Burning etc most likely because of yeast infection
Expert:  Dr. David replied 11 days ago.

you can try over the counter antifungal treatments like GynLotramin or Mycelex for vaginal yeast infection

you should also use corn starch baby powder to keep the area dry if you have excessive moisture there.

fungus like to grow in dark, warm, moist areas.