Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. FCPS (R) General Surgery and Traumatology. 5 years experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have a question about testicles. I have a lump on what is

Customer Question

Hello, I have a question about testicles. I have a lump on what is like the bottom of one of my testicles. It really isnt a lump as it is below the testicle where the tube is at. it is fairly hard and about the size of a marble. I had someone tell me that it wouldn't be testicular cancer as it is not on the testicle. It seems like it is in the epididymis not the testicle. Any ideas? DOes this sound like testicular cancer?
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 11 days ago.

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Uzair.
I am reviewing your post and will get back to your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 11 days ago.

Can you attach a photo here, Is the lump painful? For how long do you have this?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I can not attach a photo. It is not noticable by sight only by feeling it. I noticed it while doing a self examination. No I havent noticed any pain with it. I have had off and on these types of lumps on each side, then I dont notice them as much for awhile. This time it just seemed larger than before.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 11 days ago.

A painless testicular lump needs to be seen by a doctor and an ultrasound of the scrotum needs to be done to see if the lump is solid or cystic. At your age painless testicular lumps should be taken suspiciously and investigated unless they are proved otherwise.

Hope this helps.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
It seems when I touch it it does ache for sometime after. It is sore to the touch.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 11 days ago.

Thanks for the reply.

These are symptoms you should not ignore and should see a doctor for thorough examination and ultrasound for exact diagnosis so that treatment can be given accordingly.

Best wishes.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 11 days ago.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.