Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Months ago I had herniated L5 and L6. It shut me down in the

Customer Question

Months ago I had herniated L5 and L6. It shut me down in the bedroom my urologist prescribed trimix. After back surgery, I no longer needed the trimix to achieve elections. My penis however had a slight dent and i lost significant girth. My urologist started me on xiaflex. First cycle, no problem. 2nd cycle injection my whole groin area including the penis became black. My left inguinal area remain very, very sore. I'm also concerned about possible damage the pain is not subsiding. The urologist dismissed it as. Minor hematoma. Should I be concerned?
JA: Is the condition chronic, or acute?
Customer: After the last injection, 2 weeks ago it has become chronic.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: He knows about hypertension and bph and back surgery. I would not have used the trimix if I knew my crushed L5 and L6 was giving me ed
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 14 days ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 14 days ago.

xiaflex disrupts collagen deposits. and very commonly causes swelling and bruising of the penis.

you should be icing the area of bruising to help decrease swelling

the body can slowly reabsorb blood from the area of bruising.

there are not a lot of other options for treatment of peyronies disease scar tissue of the penis from the trimix injections.

you have to ask yourself, is this slight dent worth the treatment with xiaflex?