Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

After a urine test the following results were

Customer Question

After a urine test the following results were returned"Atypical urine.markedly degenerated transitional cells present.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: a doctor examined my bladder and found nothing but I have pain on my right side since that examination . Taking tamulosin for urination.
JA: Is the condition chronic, or acute?
Customer: Varies . Hurts when laying down
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have only one kidney since age 18
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 4 months ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am board certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you. I'm sorry to hear that you have a possible urinary bladder and prostate problem.

The transitional cells can be normal cells from the ureters (tubes that carry the urine from the kidneys to the bladder) bladder and urethra (tube in penis/pelvis that carries the urine from the bladder out of the body. If you have had a cystoscopy (examination of the urinary bladder) within the past 48 hours, some abdominal tenderness is to be expected. Did your Urologist take any biopsies of your bladder? If so, that can be a reason for the pain. You don't state your age, which would be helpful to give you a differential diagnosis. The degenerated transitional cells can also come from an enlarged prostate gland.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 4 months ago.

May I be of further assistance to you? If not, a positive rating of 5 stars is appreciated.