Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General Practice
Experience:  Years of experience with general surgery and urgent care
18722459

Mmm, I´m a man, sometimes I have cloudy urine, and now I

Customer Question

mmm, I´m a man, sometimes I have cloudy urine, and now I discoverd wormlike strings, which sink to the bottem, it is not sperm, that´s for sure (no sex for the last two weeks))
JA: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this? In general, how would you describe your overall health?
Customer: I´m 57, non bacterial prostatitis/enlarged prostaat since 42/43(?). Not much symptoms, much urination during nightrest 9and during the day). Psa from 2 to 5 in the last 6 months.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I use statins, and acetylsalicyl by prescr. But no symptoms of hearttproblems, in the past (207) I had sudden pain in my left arm and the hospital emergency room said although they don´t find anything, I had to use these medicines because of me describing what I feel as exactly heartproblems. I should have given a follow up on tests, I never did (perhaps I did not want to know-stupid but OK) I still use the medicines AFP.....marker is high since 2003----had colitis in the past
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome. Sorry for the delay.

Do you have any kidney disorders?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello....not that I know of, shouldn´t there be more symptoms then?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no answer....
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 month ago.

Not necessarily.

The reason I ask is that the wormlike threads in your urine are either casts or strands of protein.

In either case, it's an indication of a kidney disorder like nephritis and you need to have a workup for that with a urinalysis, 24 hour creatinine clearance test, and an ultrasound of your kidneys

Please let me know if you need more information.