Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

I have a inguinal hernia just found out I'm pregnant will

Customer Question

I have a inguinal hernia just found out I'm pregnant will the hernia in the groin area bother or cause me a lot of pain or pressure an can I have normal childbirth with the hernia being in the groin
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 30 days ago.

Hi Kim,

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am board certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you.

Congratulations on your pregnancy. An Inguinal hernia will not interfere with your delivery or cause additional problems, AS LONG AS IT REMAINS REDUCIBLE. However regardless if it is causing pain now or not, you may want to discuss this with your Obstetrician before too much time passes. You may be suggested to have a C-Section rather than a vaginal delivery.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you