Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Second opinion] - Pearl, I had a bladder repair also one

Customer Question

Second opinion] - Hello Dr Pearl, I had a bladder repair also one side of a prolapse that had come down, (full prolapse op 10 years ago) procedure done 11 weeks ago. (Urologist and Gynaecologist did surgery together, one lot of stitching reinforced the other). The sling for my bladder was of my own flesh taken from above my pubic bone. I had a suprapubic catheter for almost 3 weeks. Since having the catheter removed I am not emptying my bladder. After several weeks I discovered if I lean back instead of forward soe of the time I can relieve myself more. It varies at times if I lean forward I can pass urine, other times I lean back, also sometimes not all the time if I wipe myself thinking I have finished when I go to stand up more urine will come away. I have been instructed to catheterise myself morning and night to empty my bladder. Not happy doing that. I am up through the night about every hour to hour and a half am feeling quite exhausted. I can't help but think the operation has gone wrong somewhere. I was given three options from my Urologist, put up with it the way it is, use catheter or go back to surgery. What on earth do you think is wrong. I wasn't anywhere this bad before surgery. I had the surgery before I got any older because I didn't want to end up like this. I am a healthy 65 yo that still works. Please help me. Regards, Colleen
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I have seen the Urologist 3 times. I feel my post op care left a lot to be desired. I don' take any medication.
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: Not allergic to any medication.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No, he knows my medical history. I know now didn't ask enough questions. I had all the faith in the world with my gynecologist.
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  DrK99 replied 25 days ago.

What is your question?