dr abid
dr abid, Board Certified Urologist
Experience:  I have ten years experienced to handle patients of different specialities inc;uding Urology.
16766337

My husband is 90 and was never circumsized. Pearl. Never

Customer Question

My husband is 90 and was never circumsized.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Pearl. Never finished telling what my problem is...We can't pull the skin down over his penis. This morning there was blood and because he is a scratcher (?) I thought that could be the problem. After getting bleeding to stop with cold wash cloth...I tried to get skin down. It is loose but I can't seem to pull it down. Tried to use Vaseline, but no luck. Do you have any idea how I can check to see if that is the cause???
JA: Is the condition chronic, or acute?
Customer: not sure what that means. It only starting this morning. Would soaking in tub help loosen it? As I said, skin in loose but just can't seem to pull skin down over penis.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: not to cause this?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  dr abid replied 1 month ago.

Hi. I amCustomerWelcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question.
I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply.

Expert:  dr abid replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry to hear about his issue .

If his skin is not pulled down this condition is called , Phimosis , and in some cases it compromises blood flow and inability to pass Urine .

If this is problematic than this need Circumcision to overcome his issue .

If general measures like soaking in water , lubricants are unable to solve problem than please consult dr for circumcision please , otherwise it would be problematic .

Good luck .

Please click on good rating .

Please let me know if you have any further questions. And please take the time to leave me a positive rating if you are satisfied with the answer. You can always ask me for a follow-up question post rating the answer. You can also ask for me in the future by going on the linkhttp://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-abid