Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Physician
Experience:  General Physician, PGCSD
6740150

What may be the cause of blood in my urine with a burning

Customer Question

What may be the cause of blood in my urine with a burning sensation at the end of urinating. Also some clots of blood also comes out
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 month ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

Since how long you have the symptoms of blood in urine with a burning sensation at the end of urinating?

Any other known medical illness?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 month ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for coming back online.

The symptoms you have described of having blood in my urine with a burning sensation along with some blood clots at the end of urinating since last night is suggestive of most likely to be due to urinary tract infection(UTI) or its the prostate.Its most common causes are:benign pro static hyperplasia (BPH; enlarged prostate) in men over especially over 50 age,prostate infection or inflammation (prostities)kidney stones and bladder stones.

This is not a serious or dangerous condition.Following tests are required:

-Digital rectal examination (DRE),

-Urinalysis
-Urine culture & sensitivity test
-Kidney x-ray

The most common cause at your age is benign pro static hyperplasia (BPH; enlarged prostate).But the exact diagnosis can only be made after physical examination & tests.So I advice you to make an appointment with your urologist to have these tests done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.Antibiotics may be prescribed if the UTI is confirmed.

Thank you.

Hope this helped.

Is there is anything else that you would like to know? I am happy to address your follow-up questions. Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It started last night my urine was red and had a burning sensation at the end. It was gone this morning but the burning at the end persisted and now i see very little dry clots two or three in my urine and the burning at the end.
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 month ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for replying back.

Yes,urinary tract infection(UTI) or its the prostate gland disease that seems to be the most probable cause of your symptoms.

At your age BHP is more common.BHP is Benign prostatic hyperplasia."Benign" means the enlargement isn't caused by cancer or infection. "Hyperplasia" means enlargement.
With age, the prosate gland may begin to grow.The growth may eventually cause problems with urination, because the gland pinches off the urethra as it increases its size.

You need to make an appointment with your urologist for the above described tests so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

If you still have any questions,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

Thank you.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 month ago.

Just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know? Have you consulted your urologist?

And please do not forget to leave positive rating(3 or more star so I can get credit for helping you today we only get after positive feedback).

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 month ago.

Dear customer

Do you have any other follow up question?

If you are done,then please leave a positive rating (3 or more stars) for my answer above the chat box.

I am waiting for your reply.