Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

My husband is 47 year old Jewish male with person Hx of

Customer Question

My husband is 47 year old Jewish male with person Hx of Kidney stones. His recent tests showed a 1.5 Creatine with an eGFR of 50.3. He also has high blood pressure and a current A1C of 5.6. An ultra aound showed a mass believed to be a polyp on one kidney. What is the likelihood that he is at the beginning stages of Kidney disease or failure
JA: Is the condition chronic, or acute?
Customer: Chronic
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Family history of ESRD
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 3 months ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am board certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you. I'm sorry to hear that your husband has a problem with his kidneys and a family history of end stage renal disease. From the labs you sent, he has renal insufficiency and grade 1 renal disease. He will need to be worked up with additional labs such as creatinine clearance, Potassium levels, etc. He can continue to keep his kidney function stable by getting his blood pressure controlled, decreasing his protein intake, increasing water intake, and other therapies. He should be evaluated by his LMD at this time. He is not ready or ill enough to be evaluated by a Nephrologist (usually he will not be seen by this specialty until he is in level 3-4). His HbA1c is borderline for diabetes, so exercise and weight reduction are needed to keep him from full blown diabetes. Discuss the "polyp" with his Urologist, who will also help him with control of his kidney function.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 3 months ago.

Do you have any additional questions, thoughts?

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 2 months ago.

Has your husband visited his Urologist?