Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I've actually go to a couple urologist who don't have much

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hi. What do you want help with?
Customer: I've actually go to a couple urologist who don't have much to say to me after physical examination. But I was wondering what the best ways to deal with injured suspensory ligaments are. My penis still gets erect but it's as if it is no longer connected on the right side
JA: Is the condition chronic, or acute?
Customer: Well it's been present ever since an injury during sex
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: nothing i can think of
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

how did you injure your ligament?

why do you think it is injured?

how old are you?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I injured it while having sex. My partners weight feel on my erect penis and heard a slight pop. I felt fine at first but ever since I've experience considerable lack of stability on the right side and there is not much upward resistance in my erection currently. The injury was about 2 months ago.I think it is injured because if I try to have sex it will hurt the next day as if the injury has not healed properly yet. I am almost 29. I have seen a urologists who could not feel any sort of noticeable deposits or scar tissue. I believe it's a suspensory ligament issue.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm trying to figure out if there are things I can do to increase the chances of my regaining my stability faster and "tighten" or heal the ligament faster. The urologists said they didn't feel that the ligament was ruptured but it could have been stretched.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I also think it is injured because in addition to the lack of stability, it also feels quite vulnerable. Like if it get's moved carelessly it would worsen the situation.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

you should avoid sexual activity for now

and rest the area

your body can heal ligament injures, but it can take weeks to months to heal.

you should avoid smoking and alcohol use and eat healthy and get plenty of sleep.

your body heals when you sleep at night

regular exercise can help you sleep better at night time as well.