Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Actually I was just diagnosed with stage 2 bladder cancer

Customer Question

actually I was just diagnosed with stage 2 bladder cancer small cell carcinoma of the bladder
JA: Is the condition chronic, or acute?
Customer: stage 2b rare form of bladder cancer typically seen in lung cancer I am on chemo therapy I start round 3 of 4 tomorrow
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I am diabetic as well The doc giving me etopizide and cisplatin as the drugs for chemo I am also taking THC for the nausea I am interested in finding clinical or alternative treatments which will allow me to live long and not remove my bladder
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 8 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

i'm surprised your doctors didn't recommend you get radiation and chemotherapy for your bladder small cell cancer.

radiation therapy and chemotherapy to your bladder would give you your best chance of being able to keep your bladder.