Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

I have had hemorrhoids off and on but lately is daily

Customer Question

I have had hemorrhoids off and on but lately is daily inflammation no bleeding soon after a normal val movement. What should I do?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: over the counter creams. Lately apply cold/heat. Haven't talk to a specialty Dr.
JA: Do you have a fever? Do you have any other existing medical conditions?
Customer: negative.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I'm taking blood pressure and cholesterol medication and I'm 54 year old, none smoker white male in good shape.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 month ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am board certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you. I'm sorry you are having a rectal problem. Hemorrhoids are painful when they are external, which is what you are describing, If you have access to a bidet, using that to clean after a bowel movement will help relieve the pain. If no bidet, then sitting in a tub of warm water will also help reduce the swelling and pain. The over the counter medications like Preparation H do little to resolve the issue. May I suggest a visit to your doctor who may be able to perform a "banding" in the office to get rid of them. Also increase your fiber and water intake. This will help to soften and bulk up your stool for easier passage.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 month ago.

Were you able to schedule an appointment with your doctor for a banding procedure?