Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.

I have a lot of UTI's. am told my bladder has a small

Customer Question

I have a lot of UTI's. am told my bladder has a small prolapse. I saw a different Dr. when I had my last infection. He suggested laser surgery for my bladder. What do you think? I am permanently on hiprex. Have done visits with a continence physio. Do my exercises religiously every day, but still struggle with continence when infection is present. What do you think about the laser? Look forward to hearing your opinion.
JA: Is the condition chronic, or acute?
Customer: I would say chronic. Do feel that I have had a low grade infection since I was 20. Now 56 and coming out the other side of menopause. I do fagifem pesseries, as well as testosterone and progesterone cream. Maybe it is acute. I don't know. Bladder often feels raw internally and lies to the left of my stomach
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of. I am reasonably fit. Don't smoke or drink. Have stopped caffeine and citrus as they seem to irritate.
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 17 days ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 17 days ago.

A fractional CO2 laser in an intravaginal device is used to cause collagen breakdown along the periurethral tissues,

which are the soft tissues surrounding the urethra

enough collagen breakdown can minimize symptoms of urinary stress incontinence without ever undergoing surgery.

how old are you?

working on weight loss if you are overweight can help your urinary control as well.

drinking more water and fluids can help prevent some UTIs.