dr abid
dr abid, Board Certified Urologist
Experience:  I have ten years experienced to handle patients of different specialities inc;uding Urology.

I just received my blood work results and my PSA number has

Customer Question

I just received my blood work results and my PSA number has jumped from a 2.4 two years ago to a 3.4 now. My doctor has referred me to a urologist and I am waiting for them to call to schedule an appointment. with this number increase does that mean I have prostate cancer? Ive had an enlarged prostate since I was in my early 30's and my father had prostate cancer when I was around 4 . My age is 58.
JA: Is the condition chronic, or acute?
Customer: I don't know. my doctor hasn't been checking for this and the last prostate exam was done about 3 or 4 years ago. She doesn't like to do that kind of exam.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Im frighten about what this may be
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  dr abid replied 17 days ago.

Hi. I amCustomerWelcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question.
I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply.

Expert:  dr abid replied 17 days ago.

Respected customer ,

PSA levels of 4.0 ng/mL and lower are considered as normal. Therefore, if a man had a PSA level above 4.0 ng/mL, doctors would often recommend a prostate biopsy to determine whether prostate cancer was present. Your levels are within normal range so at this stage you just need annual follow up with PSA and once repeat Ultrasound to determine prostate size .

Regards ***** ***** luck .

“Please let me know if you have any further questions. And please take the time to leave me a positive rating if you are satisfied with the answer. You can always ask me for a follow-up question post rating the answer. You can also ask for me in the future by going on the link”

Expert:  dr abid replied 17 days ago.

Are you there ...