Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

My husband had all his lymphnodes removed on the left side

Customer Question

My husband had all his lymphnodes removed on the left side in his groin. Now his penis is sucked in and when it is out it is swollen and he already has 1 testicle and it's swollen looking like 3.
JA: Is the condition chronic, or acute?
Customer: Acute
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: He had melanoma in his left leg. Reason for lymph nodes being removed. We have been having prosecutes done and now he is healing from the lymph node removal recovering at home
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 months ago.
Did he have radiation to the lymph node area as well or just the surgery?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No trestments yet.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No treatments yet. Only surgery
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 months ago.
The condition he has is called lymphedema. This is due to the removal of the lymph nodes from the surgery. He needs to see his surgeon about this. They can prescribe him to go to a specialist in massage therapy who treats lymphedema in order to try to get the swelling to go down. They should also consider prescribing him compression stockings to compress the swelling as well. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.