Muneeb Ali
Muneeb Ali, Emergency Medicine
Experience:  MBBS,MD,ECFMG certified. Have dealt with urological emergencies in the ER on a regular basis

What causes pain in my left scrotum,only when it is touched

Customer Question

what causes pain in my left scrotum,only when it is touched or moved either by hand or when sitting down.
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: I had tonsilitis last week and had too many antibiotics and other medications after that the pain was on my waist and now i'ts in the left scrotum,don't know if they are related.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: under general i'm a very strong and healthy individual not taking alcohol or tobacco,last had sex 5 weeks back
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Muneeb Ali replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. My name is***** and i am reviewing your question and will get back to you with a response ASAP!!!

Well from what you are describing there are a few conditions which come to mind. The first one in light of the throat infection is that you could have developed orchitis which is a condition in which the testes are inflammed because of an infection. This can be a virus or even a bacteria. It can cause tenderness along with urinary frequency, burning urination. This would be diagnosed on a simple examination and ultrasound of the testes. This would be followed by treatment with steroids and antibiotics.

Another cause of this could be testicular torsion which is a surgical emergency especially if the testes are swollen or red in color. this would occur because the testes would be twisted around its own blood supply. The treatment is surgery.

Lastly this can also be due to nerve damage in the area which can occur because of infections, vitamin deficiency and many many other causes. If the infections and other causes mentioned above are ruled out then neuropathy can be considered as cause here.

Given the history of sexual intercourse a STD MUST be ruled out with urine tests and well as cultures alongwith a STD screen.

I would STRONGLY suggest that you visit an urgent care center or the ER to have this evaluated and have testicular torsion ruled out first of all and that is a serious emergency.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

Would you like to know anything else? If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.