Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Physician
Experience:  General Physician, PGCSD
6740150

Having trouble urinating. I have to push to urinate.

Customer Question

Having trouble urinating. I have to push to urinate. Recently diagnosed with a hemorrhoid
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 2 months ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

Do you have any pain or burning sensation during urination?

Ever blood in urine?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello Dr. Josh.There isn't any blood when urinating, There is some mild pain, I assumed it was from struggling to go
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It has been ongoing for the past 4 days
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 2 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for the quick reply.

The symptoms you have described of having trouble during urination & need to push to urinate since last 4 days can be due to various causes.Its most common causes are: renal calculi(kidney stone) or prostate gland inflammation called prostatitis.The most probable cause seems to be kidney stone(calcium deposition).

You need following tests:

• Simple, inexpensive screening test, called a routine urinalysis, urine culture
  • Ultrasound scan
  • X-ray KUB area

Drinking as much as 2 to 3 quarts (1.9 to 2.8 liters) a day may help flush out your urinary system.

So my best advise for you is to please make an early appointment with your doctor to have these tests done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped.

Is there is anything else that you would like to know? I am happy to address your follow-up questions. Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Do the hemorrhoids play into it at all?
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 2 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for replying back.

No ,this not at all related to hemorrhoids.

Hemorrhoids is present at anus & this cannot cause discomfort in urination.

You need to have urine examination & ultrasound scan so as to know the exact underlying cause of this & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Kidney stone or prostate gland inflammation is the most probable cause of this.

If you still have any questions,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

Thank you.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Do you think I should do urgent care, er or wait until my doctor is in on Monday?
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 2 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for replying back.

As of now,you can wait until your doctor is in on Monday.

Till than take tab. Ibuprofen 400mg from the counter. It is available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help you greatly.

In the meantime,if there is great discomfort or pain during urination,then you need to go to ER.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 2 months ago.

Dear customer

I would like to add that please drink plenty of fluids & water.Drinking as much as 1.9 to 2.8 liters a day.This will help flush out your urinary system & will provide you great relief.

Is there is anything else that you would like to know? I am happy to address your follow-up questions. Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me.

If you are done,then please leave a positive rating for my answer above the chat box.

Thank you.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 2 months ago.

Just checking in to see how things are going.So you have an appointment today(monday). Do you still have discomfort in urination?

Is there anything else that you would like to know?

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me.I am happy to help you.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 2 months ago.

Have you consulted your doctor regarding discomfort in urination?

Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh